TAIHU 300 2022 March 26-27
This is an epic cycling tour of China's famous Taihu Lake, starting from Wuxi, located in Jiangsu province.
Throughout the two-day trip, cyclists will ride right by the shores of Taihu Lake, enjoying not only the awesome scenery but each others’ company as well.
The trip is fully supported by fuel stations and mechanical/medical support, so all you have to worry about is having the ride of a lifetime.
What do I need to know?
The tour package includes:
- Guided two-day cycling tour around Taihu Lake;
- Water & nutrition stations along the course;
- Cycling water bottle (750ml);
- Cycling jersey (we expect ALL riders to wear this jersey at least on the first day);
- Support & first aid vans for mechanical or medical emergencies;
- Professional photographer for event photos;
- Dinner at the lakeside restaurant in Huzhou with delicious local food (vegetarian/vegan options available to demand);
- Overnight stay at a clean and quiet hotel. Includes simple breakfast for the morning;
- Late luncheon at the final destination;
- Basic insurance for accidents.
- Safety is our highest priority, therefore riding with a helmet is a must: No helmet, no ride!!!
- We follow traffic rules;
- We take care of us, we do not bring any of us in dangerous situations;
- We show direction and point out obstacles
- We ride mostly 2 by 2, lining up with 2 lines and every person has one person to the right or left, drafting allowed;
- While drafting, no use of aero bars allowed;
- If you want to use your aero bars, be in front or stay 10-15m behind the rider in front of you (behind the group);
Participants should bring the following:
- Passport for hotel check-in;
- Bicycle (proper functioning and maintained);
- Helmet (No helmet, no ride!!!);
- Cycling shoes or shoes to ride with;
- Cycling computer (incl. charging cable);
- Spare tubes/fix kit to fix flat tires (support vans WILL provide, but we recommend bringing backup);
- Air pump / CO2-cartridges (support vans WILL provide, but we recommend bringing backup);
- Cycling clothes for 2 days (short-sleeved jersey will be provided for the first day);
- Casual clothes for dinner on 1st day;
- Change clothes after 2nd-day ride;
- Personal nutrition for the bike ride (suggested if you need more than what is provided at fuel stations);
- Good mood and a big smile!
Out of Town Guests:
For our out of town guests, we have made an arrangement with the Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express Wuxi for your traveling convenience:
Start Time and Location:
March 26th 2022 at 7:00 am from the Holiday Inn Wuxi Taihu New City
Return time estimated to be early afternoon on Sunday, March 28th to the Holiday InnWuxi Taihu New City.